To help, I suggest the CEO asks the following 10 questions to discover a better way:
- Who is the web site designed for and do we need more than one?
- What do you want the target audience to do when they arrive at your home page and can they?
- If I am a prospect, what the 3 most obvious questions I want answered quickly and can I?
- If I arrive on your site, no matter what the page, can I get to home with one click or go to where I wanted to go using a search box?
- If I read your home page, your about page and a few blogs, do I undertand the key principles that this company stands for? Is there a story worth telling?
- If I doubt the credibility of your company, does the web site address in detail your success stories with one click access?
- Can I find the leadership team driving the company and with sufficient detail to understand their quality?
- Is it crystal clear what your business does on the home page?
- Does your web site suffer from clutter? Does it desperately need curated?
- Does the response time compare favorably with the competition?