Building Businesses Buyers Love to Buy
Transforming Visions into Remarkable Businesses
Check out our new Acquisition Playbook Workshop
Why We’re Hired
Through Operational Excellence
The owners recognize the following:
- There are many weaknesses which will reduce the global audience of buyers who will pay a premium value when it’s prime time.
- The business failed to sell and buyers walked away.
- The business has stopped growing and is becoming increasing risky.
- The market is swamped with competitors and the business has lost its edge.
- There is a need for a strategic plan that captures the new opportunities in the marketplace.
- Dependency is becoming an obstacle to growth including reliance on the owners, key customers and legacy products.
- Staff engagement is low and new initiatives are needed to reimagine the business.
- Processes need to be improved and automated with the latest technology.
- Margins are below the industry average.
- Financial forecasts are unreliable.
The Board recognizes the following:
- The need for a process that finds and successfully integrates targets.
- Deals are being lost to competitors.
- Management bandwidth is stretched and can’t handle Corporate Development duties.
- Sellers don’t view the acquirer as an attractive option.
- Value creation has not been realized.
- Human capital and cultural fit were not thought through.
- The acquisition program is not learning form previous mistakes.
- Operators in the business have limited M&A skills.
- There is a need for a fresh approach to post-acquisition integration planning.
- The IMO needs a stronger PM.