One of the key elements of an acquisition strategy – Buy what you want to buy not what’s up for sale.
The question is: where do you look? Here are 10 places to look:
- Private Equity portfolio company lists (often on their web site).
- Trade show attendee lists.
- Inc 5000 lists. (or equivalent fast growing award winning lists in your country)
- Software 500 list.
- Gartner sector reviews
- Trade body member lists.
- Your sales teams, technical teams, marketing teams, Board members.
- Influencers, lawyers, investment bankers, accountants.
- Directories of all competitors by sector – Forrester Research.