Hana a new database tool from SAP is attempting to reduce complex business analysis from 12 hours to an instant, a blink of an eye! Hasso Plattner, the 68 year old founder of SAP was driven by the fear that the company’s innovation ability had stalled.
Siemens is trying to take $3.8Bn costs out of its supply chain over the next few years.
Now you might not be leading a team as large as SAP or Siemens but what is the one key project you need to deliver next year? No excuses, no procrastination, what needs to get done in calendar 2013. A few ideas to inspire:
- Launch a tweaked version of your product to dominate a specific sector.
- Find that key member of staff that will transform your team.
- Revamp the production line.
- Execute an acquisition using a robust profesional process to fulfill your strategy.
- Properly integrate this year’s acquisition.
- Raise the funds needed to give you the runway to scale your start up.
- Revamp your web site to attract the right kind of leads.
- Revamp your organizational structure to drive accountability and align effort.
- Align your marketing and sales narratives so that marketing and sales support each other.
- Change the culture of your business from departmental to project based to get the right stuff done.
I like the idea of picking just one big thing for your to-do list going into 2013. Some businesses have far too many making things a bit overwhelming. Any further guidance on how to be sure the goal is comprehensive enough to make a difference in your company, yet realistic enough to be attainable? What parameters should you set for your one big goal? Thanks for sharing these thoughts with the BizSugar community, by the way!