It looks like a deal, it talks like a deal but it never seems to close. It lingers around. So what’s the harm? It might close one day!
Here is the problem with deals that constantly linger:
- They pollute your pipeline.
- They flatter to deceive.
- They waste a ridiculous amount of time.
- They demonstrate to your sales manager that you are confused with the stage the deal has reached.
- They hide the need for more aggressive lead generation.
- They perpetuate the habit of not asking the tough questions (remember you can’t lose what you don’t have).
Honest pipelines that reflect the reality of life help one person really quickly – you, the sales professional.