It looks like a deal, it talks like a deal but it never seems to close. It lingers around. So what’s the harm? It might close one day!
Here is the problem with deals that constantly linger:
- They pollute your pipeline.
- They flatter to deceive.
- They waste a ridiculous amount of time.
- They demonstrate to your sales manager that you are confused with the stage the deal has reached.
- They hide the need for more aggressive lead generation.
- They perpetuate the habit of not asking the tough questions (remember you can’t lose what you don’t have).